Friday, September 12, 2008

...it's so nom nom nom

It's Delicious
Today I discovered how horrible I am to my dear sweet snarfy puppy. The news is out everyone, D and I must be starving our little pup. When we first got this crazy little canine we had a few problems with him and separation anxiety. Eventually we were able to get past these and raise a well adjusted little pup... that loves to eat things. Tonight we went out to eat as a treat to ourselves. Bowser was not invited, much to his dismay. We came home only to discover that he had taken it upon himself to make his own dinner. Unfortunately we had forgotten to teach him proper nutrition and he chose a hearty meal of ziploc bags and the box they came him, a big huge plastic bucket of peanuts (he munched on both the peanuts and the container) and a bite of his hair brush. Nom nom nom. Dinner of champions my friends. We were not exactly happy but seeing as how he thought this was an acceptable meal and gorged himself on it we decided not to provide him with his usual luxurious meal of puppy food. But I am sure that eating all those salty nuts, cardboard and plastic dehydrated him a bit so we filled up his water bowl (that had remnants of cardboard in it from earlier).

Things My Puppy Eats
Over the months that we have had this little guy here is a list of things we have discovered he finds quite tasty:
  • peanut containers
  • cardboard boxes of any variety (from packing boxes to ziploc bag boxes)
  • my stuffed animals
  • shoes
  • slippers
  • bear spray
  • shirts in plastic bags
  • pillows
  • TV remotes
  • paper towels
  • Baz (though he has never gotten past Bazzy's intensely protective body guards)
These are only a few of things I can think of off the top of my head. Never underestimate the appetite of a little rescue puppy that was abused/neglected when it was a wee pup. As much as we love Bowser coming home to him is not always the lovely welcoming that it should be. I tend to walk in the door after a brief time away while he has been alone looking for some sort of disaster. The good days are those when I don't walk into a house that smells of feces (which has yet to happen in our new place) and those when I can walk into the house without choking and my respiratory system shutting down. Yes, I mentioned he likes bear spray. If you live in AK make sure that your snarfy barfer cannot reach the bear spray because as childproof as the safety on that sucker may be, dogs don't need thumbs to dismantle the device and set a deadly trap for their families. It's always fun to walk into your house, choke on the most intense pepper spray you have ever encountered, feel like you are going to throw up and die, spray down a puppy who hates water with a hose in the back yard and clean orange spray out of your carpet.

A Time I Had














Cheers!

1 comment:

Craig said...

i bought a sunburst platy today, just like the old london fish. except this one is a boy. his name is oswald because he is orange and i needed a name that starts with "o" ... his friend is "roger" because he is a red platy. yeah i'm so original.

hope you and d and the ninja are doing well...